TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT MUST BE READ AND ACCEPTED BY ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS, CARERS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS BEFORE REGISTERING WITH NOOPOOR SHYAM DANCE SCHOOL (NSDS).
Throughout these terms and conditions when we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘the School’ etc. we are referring to Noopoor Shyam Dance School (NSDS) and nsdanceschool.com. When we refer to ‘you’ or customer’ we are referring to the class/workshop/performance/event paying participant or parents, carers or legal guardians.
These rules apply to all students, including those who currently attend classes.
CLASS TERMS, FEES AND PAYMENTS:
- All class fees must be paid in advance of the term start dates which are available three times in the academic year. This secures the students place in class.
- Fee is payable 48 hours before the first class of each new term. If the student turns up to class without the fee having been paid, and unless you have a prior written agreement with NSDS with regards to fee payment, they will not be allowed to participate.
- We do not charge an administration fees for booking classes online, or to join our dance school.
- Fees will only be pro rata when a student starts part-way through a term.
- Enrolment forms and/or invoices will be sent out before the end of each term. If for any reason, these forms or invoices will be delayed, parents will be informed.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or PayPal.
- NSDS is not responsible for any discrepancies that may occur due to bank transfers.
- The payer will receive written notice if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND ABSENCE:
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable from commencement of a term.
- Discounts or refunds will NOT be given for classes missed by the student, unless explicitly arranged with NSDS.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from classes at the school they must give 4 weeks notice in writing to NSDS, before the start of the next term otherwise 4 weeks fees will be charged.
- On the occasion that class is cancelled by the instructor due to illness or injury or unforeseen event, the school will reschedule the class where possible. This may be on a different day and time from when the class was originally scheduled, and/or might involve an extension to the term time dates. No refunds will be given in this case. If it is not possible to reschedule a class, for which the fees have already been paid, the school will deduct the cost of the class/classes from the following terms bill.
- NSDS will not be held responsible for cancellations for reasons beyond the schools control, so no credit or refunds will be issued. In the event of technical difficulties affecting your ability to take part in a class, refunds will not be issued for any issues pertaining to the customer’s device or internet connection.
- Where a student watches a class rather than participates, this still counts as attendance. No refunds will be processed.
- NSDS will not be liable in any way if a performance, class or workshop is abandoned after more than half of it has taken place due to any factors which are beyond our reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control: (i) Acts of God, which include earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow or frost; (ii) Force Majeure which includes war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes and civil commotions; (iii) Power failure and failure of internet connection, sound, video or lighting equipment.
- Receipts will only be provided by email.
- Fees are currently exempt from VAT.
- Fees and timetable are subject to change and NSDS will notify you in advance of any increase in fees.
- Online classes will only go ahead if a minimum number of 4 bookings is achieved for each class 48 hours before the first session. NSDS reserves the right to cancel the class in the event that fewer than 4 bookings have been confirmed by that time and bookings will be refunded if the class is cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
The aim of the NSDS is to ensure that all students experience the class in a fun, friendly, positive and safe environment. In order to achieve this, please take note of the following guidelines.
Any student unable or unwilling to gain from the education provided at the school may be asked to withdraw from the school after reasonable notice.
- Aggressive, abusive or anti-social behaviour is not tolerated from customers or students towards NSDS staff or other customers or students.
- Punctuality - Students should arrive promptly, correctly dressed and attend classes regularly. Those arriving late for class they may miss important information and impede the learning of others. Admittance to class after the class has begun is at the instructor’s discretion.
- Attendance - Regular attendance is extremely important. If students do not attend on a regular basis, then the development of the class and the individual student will be affected. We regret that it is not possible to make up missed classes by attending another class for which you are not registered.
- Discipline - During class, students are expected to listen and we discourage unnecessary chatting or talking. If a student is causing disruption, they will be asked to leave their lesson. No refund will be given.
- Please do not approach instructors in between classes unless it is urgent (i.e. to inform of an injury, illness). Email all queries using the “How to contact us” details below.
- DO Keep Your Video On. It's important for your instructor to be able to see you in order to correct you. Please ensure that the full student’s view is presented on the screen to enable efficient teaching feedback.
- Make sure you respond to these prompts quickly and visibly. Communicate with nonverbal cues ("Thumbs-up if you want me to go over that again!").
- DON'T Use Virtual Backgrounds. Yes, you may be familiar with Zoom and its many tricks from school, but this feature is super distracting. As you move around the screen, you and the background can cut in and out, making it difficult for your instructor to properly see and correct you.
- DO Provide Feedback. If you're having trouble with an element of your Zoom education—the sound quality is poor, or the instructor keeps moving out of frame while demonstrating—politely communicate your concerns to your instructor. This is an ever-changing landscape, and it's helpful for instructors to know what is and isn't working so they can make adjustments.
- DON'T Abuse the Chat Feature. Yes, online banter with your dance friends is fun, but this isn't the time. Nobody can dance and type simultaneously.
- DO Treat This Like Any Other Class. As an instructor, I expect my students to be just as present and focused on Zoom as they are in a studio. Like anything else, what you put into this experience is what you get out of it.
- DO Ask Your Family to be mindful. Please let your family members know that you shouldn't be interrupted. Of course, not all of us have the luxury of private space right now. If your situation means true privacy is impossible, ask family members to be respectful of your instructor and classmates by staying quiet and out of the way.
- Parents, carers, legal guardians or you are not allowed to take photos or videos during the class, due to copyright and child protection reasons.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Students are expected to wear comfortable dance or yoga attire such as chudidaar/salwar kameez (an Indian attire) or tights with a loose fitting top. Hair should in a neatly-tied back.
- It is your responsibility to make your own risk assessment of the area you are dancing or doing yoga in, so clear a safe space in which to move – including objects from tables, from the floor & be careful of low hanging lamp shades etc. Student should have enough room to participate in the activity without there being any obvious risk of injury to themselves, to others, or risk of any damage to surrounding property.
- Students are expected to dance bare foot and mostly with ‘ghungroos’ (bells), for dance so it needs to be ensured that the flooring in the room is safe for the activity to be undertaken. Take extra care that floor is clear of any hazards.
- Since the lessons are happening online the student needs to ensure that there is sufficient space to dance and there are no obstructions in the way.
- Please ensure that you are on a suitable smooth surface floor in order to pirouette, such as tiles, laminate or real wood. We would ask you to avoid dancing on carpet, but if you do, try to limit the amount of pirouette/spins you do, to avoid damaging your knees and foot.
- The student should not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with. If in doubt, please consult a medical expert before participating.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you have special health or medical conditions before signing to our dance classes, and we will endeavour to accommodate their needs.
- Please inform your instructor of any injuries or illness before the class starts.
- Any student who hurts themselves during the lesson or feels unwell should tell their instructor immediately.
- It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, you should have water readily available.
- It is important that students always keep themselves warm after class in order to protect against injury.
- Before you begin, it is vital that you warm up before and cool down after any dance session. This may not included in the duration of the class.
- If something hurts stop immediately and inform your instructor. These movements should not cause pain or discomfort. Every ‘body’ is different, and you should work within your limitations.
- Classes will be streamed on Zoom. Please make sure you can access the most up to date version of zoom.us and download the app if you can. Difficulties can occur with joining the class if you do not use the latest version of the software.
- DON'T Be Late. For online class log on a few minutes early. Technology can be unpredictable, so you'll want the extra time to get set up. Latecomers who are more than 10 minutes late may not be admitted. We advise joining the call early and waiting in the Zoom digital waiting room to be admitted by the NSDS moderator.
- It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keep us updated of any changes to health.
- DON'T Keep Your Audio On. Muting your audio will prevent the background noises in your home from distracting the class, and keep potential echoes to a minimum. If your instructor asks you a question that requires more than a yes or no answer, unmute yourself as quickly as possible to respond.
- DON'T Forget Your Charger. Don't let a low battery keep you from participating. Technology issues are bound to happen, but a charger is an easy thing to have on hand.
- It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to regularly read the website/facebook information and/or the notice board in order to be fully aware of all upcoming events.
- All instructors are qualified, DBS checked and insured.
- Where appropriate, and especially in respect to activities for children, students should have suitable safeguarding measures in place. A parent/guardian/trusted adult is in the same premises as the student while the lesson takes place.
- By enrolling into the online lessons parents/guardians for students under 18 are giving their consent for the children/child to participate in the online activity.
- DON’T share the login details . The login details to the Zoom meeting should not be shared with any one who is not enrolled for the online activity.
Parents/Guardians must provide up to date information in order to keep our records in compliance with GDPR regulations.
We promise all data and personal information held by NSDS about you or your child, will be stored securely and will not be used for purposes other than what is necessary to provide you with our services.
Your personal data may be used in regards to:
- Information about our services and activities and news about the school
- To deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
- For service administration purposes ( invoices, receipts etc)
- To contact you about any enquires you have made
- To post any relevant examination document
- Urgent notifications such as cancellations or changes
- Information relevant to the students progress
VISUAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
- NSDS will not publish or post any images (static or moving) of children under the age of 18, across any of our online channels without prior written consent (and then with minimal personal information).
- We ask that all parents, guardians and students ensure that they use social media and the internet in a safe and positive way.
- Photographs or videos linked to NSDS should not be posted on social media. The only exception is if the photo/video is only of you or your child. If you would like to post something to our online sites, please send it to NSDS using the “How to contact us” details below.
- By accepting these terms and conditions permission is granted to NSDS to use photographs of students for publicity purposes.
Customers are required to acknowledge their acceptance of the terms and conditions as part of the enrolment process.
If students and/or parents are in breach of the terms & policies of the school, they may be asked to leave the school and no refund of fees given.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
For any queries, you can contact us via email: email@example.com